Monday, January 12, 2009

Meet Clark

My fiancee helps out with a program at our church with 4 and 5-year old kids. The parents drop them off when they go to 9am mass and she watches, teaches and interacts with them. I helped her out this past weekend and observed the following scenario featuring Clark (not his real name in case his parents ever find my blog).

Fiancee: "Okay, one way your parents can show their love is by cooking for you."

Little Girl in the Class: "I had pancakes for breakfast this morning."

Clark: "I like toast!"

It cracked me up and the rest of my Sunday afternoon was peppered with random outbursts of "I like toast!" in honor of Clark.

My other favorite Clark-ism from months ago is when the other teacher was talking about animals. The point she was trying to make is that God loves everyone and everything the same - there are no favorites. So she asked the class which animal they thought was God's favorite and Clark blurted out "The cheetah!"

I can't wait 'til my nephew hits 4 and starts blurting out semi-random things.

No comments: