Thursday, December 10, 2009

Just Older

I don't know if other people are going, or have gone, through this but I notice my musical taste changing as I age. I used to like bands such as Queen or Led Zeppelin, but now I LOVE them. I find myself listening to 95.5 KLOS and their playlist of Tom Petty, the Rolling Stones and David Bowie a lot more than my usual choice of 106.7 KROQ and their roster of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Muse and Rise Against. I like those bands okay but I'd much rather hear the older "classic" rock. I surely must be getting older.

The only thing I don't like about classic rock is some songs tend to drag on for a minute longer than they really need to, like Free keeps repeating "all right now" at the end of "All Right Now" or Guess Who's "American Woman" where they keep saying "I'm gonna leave you woman...so long...bye bye...I'm gonna leave you...I gotta go...bye bye..." Just leave her and end the song already, plz!!!

In the meantime, enjoy the Bon Jovi song "Just Older" --

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I find myself reverting to oldies, so I listen to 101.1 a lot. I still listen to other stations like 95.5 or 100.3 or 104.3 or 93.1 with regularity, but sometimes my ears get tired of the distortion. Or maybe it's an attempt for me to have something simple in my life. Dunno. But I do know that I haven't really listened to KROQ in like...5 years? Something like that.

Chris said...

I think part of it, too, is that we don't know which bands from today will still be around. Should I really be invested in Rise Against if they go the way of Papa Roach?

Tyler said...

A. They still play that Papa Roach song, which is like 10 years old, so with KROQ, no band ever "goes away". But I know what you're sayin'.

B. I've been listening to Jack A LOT lately. Like all the time. I've actually started to like people/bands I never liked before because of Jack's playlist. For example; John Cougar Mellencamp. I always thought he was kind of a douche, but every time they play that Crumblin' Down song, I can't get it out of my head for the next couple of days.

They also play a lot of Queen and Zep. They are also currently trying to kick start an Elton John renaissance, and for some reason, I dig that as well.