Sunday, July 31, 2011

Friendbook

I was perusing my friend list on Facebooks the other day when I decided to look at some photos posted by this one girl I went to high school with.  She went to go see Britney Spears in concert along with someone else from my high school.  I clicked around a few more photo albums and saw that she had not only kept in touch with, but had taken recent photos with, about 10-12 people from our high school.  Holy shit.

Compare that to my Facebook friends list - I think I have about 6 people I went to high school with on there, and I don't correspond with any of them regularly.  In fact, I frequently consider deleting them.

Switch over to the friends I have from college and I think I have 3 on my Facebook page, two of which are very dear to me, and I would never think about deleting.

I think the longest friendship I have going now is with someone I met when I was 15 years old while working my first job at the library, so we've been friends now for 18 years.

It just seems so odd to me - to have friends from high school that you've kept in touch with for 15 years.  Maybe I missed out on something there.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

I got back in contact with a friend of mine from elementary school through Facebook, and we messaged back and forth at the beginning, but haven't talked at all since. He's good friends with another friend of mine from the same school and they hang out when he comes down from San Fransico; so yeah, it's weird looking at Facebook and seeing who hangs out together.

But I am still very good friends with a guy I've known since about the 2nd grade.

I wish I was in more contact with a friend from Jr. High School, but sometimes you just fall out of touch (even though we're friends on Facebook).

Jenny said...

I am friends with several high school people, but I consider them more friends I had from church (we went to the church's high school youth group together). Almost all of my non-church high school friends have drifted off into oblivion.