Friday, December 9, 2011

Katy Perry

Yes, in fact, I did see Katy Perry at Staples Center a few weeks ago.  I got tickets to this as an anniversary gift to The Wife a few months ago and I actually really loved it!  I was familiar with a few of her songs from the radio but borrowed the CDs from The Wife a few days before the show so I could familiarize myself more with them.

Stark confession here, friends: I've actually been listening to her CDs a lot since the concert.  Like a lot A LOT.  I don't know if it's her somewhat goofy personality or seeing the songs performed live accompanied by dancing, costume changes, fireworks and beach balls, but I think I'm a bona fide fan here now.

One song I was blown away by is called "The One That Got Away."  I also kind of glossed over it on the album but the live performance was stripped down and full of emotion.  It's actually an personal and emotional song but it's turned into a generic pop song on the album.  I hate when they do that.  Here's the way it should be:



I also loved all of the dancing and costume changes during "Hot N Cold":



Such a fun concert!

No comments: