Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Gleek?

Against my personal wishes, I have become a fan of Glee.  It started out when I just "happened to be in the room" while The Wife was watching season 1 on Netflix instant.  Then I heard quite a few songs I recognized and halfway paid attention to a few plotlines.  Then I started paying more attention as season 1 went on and it wrapped up.  I thought it was overall just okay, and then season 2 appeared on Netflix instant.

Oh how dare you, Netflix!  I missed a few episodes in season 2 but The Wife watched the whole thing regardless of me being there or not.  And unexpectedly, I'm going back to watch the entire season.  I know this isn't manly of me at all, but it's introduced me to a few good songs.

Some of the stories and songs are cheesy and I have a very hard time believing a 30 year-old is really in high school in Ohio BUT the show is fun.

I admitted I watched this show to some coworkers and this young girl who is...maybe 22 rolled her eyes at me.  But the thing is, this girl's favorite show is American Idol!  A karaoke game reality show!  At least Glee has plotlines, scriptwriters, actors and choreography...okay, maybe I'm getting a little too defensive here.

Enjoy one of my favorite songs/dance numbers I've discovered thanks to this show -

4 comments:

Tyler said...

Wait until Season 3. Rehashed story lines! Characters radically change week-to-week to fit the plot! New (and weaker) cast members! Forced one week plots that have no impact later on! That's where I tapped out. Season 3.

Did you happen to catch Alcatraz? It's LOST 2.0. I kind of liked it.

addy said...

I loved the first two seasons, too. Now I'm not quite as into it as I used to be, but it's still WAY BETTER than American Idol!

Welcome to the Gleek Club.

My favorite songs have been "Someone To Love" and the "Rumour Has It/Someone Like You" mash up.

Jenny said...

Gavin and I both like it.

Anonymous said...

Yaaay! Glee is amazing (even in Season 3). But I also do like Idol, too. Glee is addictive and makes you smile! I don't understand how people can dislike that!