Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cellphones N' Bathrooms

The bathroom at my work is outside of our offices and shared with other businesses. One time I walked in and heard someone talking. No one was around but I did notice a pair of feet sticking out under the stall, and surmised it was a cellphone conversation. I did my business at the urinal, then debated about whether or not I should flush.

Would it be rude to interrupt this guy's conversation? Does the person he's talking to even know this guy is sitting on the toilet right now? Would I ruin their business transaction and this guy's future by flushing?

I debated for a few more seconds, then decided to flush. *WHOOSH!* (Yes, our bathrooms have cartoon-like sound effects)

If you're going to talk on your cellphone in the bathroom, you run the risk of any and all sounds being heard by the person on the other end. But just in case I did ruin this guy's business, I washed my hands quickly and sped out.

1 comment:

addy said...

So, the women's bathroom (just one, btw) is next to my desk at work, and I hear women talking on their cell phones in the bathroom ALL THE TIME. It's the weirdest thing to me, and I always wonder (even though I try not to) if they have a bluetooth, or are holding their phone. Strange.