Thursday, September 11, 2008

Seven Years

I was at the library the other day looking for a Dreamweaver / HTML book. I found one that looked pretty decent, but didn't get it because it was published in 2001. "Seven years - that's old!" I thought to myself.

Then it occurred to me that the anniversary on 9/11 is this week...today, actually. It struck me that there are 7-year old boys and girls that probably have little to no concept of this tragedy. They probably know every Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers lyric, but won't know what it was like to wake up that morning and live through that tragedy via the news or in person. I think about 9/11 from time to time and my heart still aches.

Wow, seven years.

2 comments:

PunkRoqPrncess said...

yeah time flies doesnt it?

i still remember waking up and hearing about it and being stunned/scared/sad. such a horrible day :(

Tyler said...

Dude, I'm telling you, lynda.com, it's five times easier to learn it by watching their videos than reading it from a book.

Now you can even go to their site and view the first couple of chapters to see if you like it. (Obviously the first couple of chapters cover basic topics).