Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Stormtrooper Effect

I was thinking about Star Wars the other day. Okay, fine - I think about it nearly every day. Specifically, about weaknesses in the Empire and one of them stands out above all others - the lack of effective Stormtrooper armor.

These are your guys, Empire. They're your front line to get stuff done, whether it's enforcing Imperial law or installing reactors. Granted, you did provide them with blasters and commlinks but the armor is ineffective against even one blaster bolt! Look at the Rebel troops by comparison - they're just dudes with a blaster and a helmet. No wonder they get shot and die so easily.

I don't know where the hell the Empire spent all of their money but surely it wasn't on building up a decent army. The Emperor must have had to take out a second mortgage to build Darth Vader's armor that there just wasn't much left for the stormtroopers. Poor guys, they're just trying to make their way in the universe like anyone else.

5 comments:

Ken Napzok said...

Very solid point. That had to be some low grade Target brand armor by Isaac Mizrahi or something.

Tyler said...

Well, I heard that the Emperor hadn't fully paid off the Death Star before it got blowed up, and then he had to take out another mortgage for the second Death Star, and that one was even more expensive because of the shield generator, so, there wasn't a whole lot of money to go around at that point and the Stormtroopers got the short end of the stick.

I always thought it was kind of funny that the Rebels even bothered to wear helmets, I mean, they're getting shot at by lasers, how is that going to protect you?

Tyler said...

P.S. - Top Gun was on HBO on Sunday and I watched it. Haven't seen that one in like forever. A. I still surprisingly know about half of the lines. B. It is HILARIOUS. We should put together a Top Gun play a la Point Break Live. The only thing we need to decide is who plays Maverick and who plays Goose. My thoughts are: you can grow a mustache, so should be Goose, and I am a jackass, so I should be Maverick. Think about it and get back to me.

I feel the need...the need for speed!

PunkRoqPrncess said...

obviously there was a budget deficit, probably due to excess spending. they should have a recall election and vote out the emperor and replace him with the terminator. then the soldiers wont even need to fight.

Jenny said...

It's a good thing you already have a fiancee. This article proves you are nothing but nerd. :p