Thursday, November 20, 2008

Twihype

Generally speaking, I am not a fan of hype. In fact, anything that becomes too hyped up tends to turn me off. I don't want to believe in hype and I'd like to form my own opinion on my own time. Plus, I find hyped things are not as good as they're made out to be. Mostly I'm right (Superbad, Juno, Coldplay, Harry Potter), but I'll admit sometimes I'm wrong (White Stripes, The Office).

Alas, this is the reason I won't be going to see Twilight this coming weekend...or anytime soon. From what I know of the story (a vampire and a teenage girl fall for each other), it sounds like more of a teenage romance. My fianceƩ read the first book and admitted it was cheesy, yet it sucked her in. It sounded to us like the vampire could just bite the girl and turn her into a vampire and then they'd live happily ever after. After all, if he is capable of not being a scary, evil vampire, surely she can, too. Then they'd both be immortal and could spend every day together. Seems like we solved their teenage romance problem in once sentence.

I just wish this friggin' movie would come out already so I can stop seeing TV commercials, newspaper ads and blogs (mine included) all over the place.

5 comments:

addy said...

HAHA! Yeah - I am over the hype. But, I will read the book and go see the movie with Candace, because I KNOW it's going to suck me in. (No pun intended)

Jenny said...

I am not in the Twilight loop. In fact, reading your blog clarified what, exactly this "twilight" is...

Tyler said...

Word.

Tyler said...

I have a money making proposition for you. Listen to KROQ, find out what songs to listen for to win Acoustic Christmas tickets. Call in, hopefully you'll win eventually, I think you've got a couple of weeks.

Wait until the last second and put them up on eBay on like a three-day auction with a $2000 buy it now. Collect cash-money. Pay me a 10% finder's fee.

You can't lose.

Anonymous said...

This coming from the guy who loves the "From Dusk 'til Dawn" trilogy the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" TV show. Hmmmmmm. I think this book/movie might be right up your alley.