Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Things About Me

Yeah yeah, so I just copied and pasted it from Facebook. So what.

1. I saw a therapist for close to a year. Looking back on it, I don't know that it helped me out much.

2. The only year I've seen all of the Best Picture Nominees was 2007 - Juno, Michael Clayton, No Country for Old Men, Atonement and There Will be Blood. I wasn't that impressed with any of them.

3. I get ideas for movie scripts / sketches but...that's about as far as I get. I'm an "idea guy" but yet I'm still convinced I will write a genius screenplay someday, though.

4. I've been a Type I diabetic for more than half my life.

5. Sometimes I think I'm crazy but then wonder if I'm not - because would a crazy person would actually be aware they're crazy?

6. I like to cook but never follow a recipe exactly.

7. When I was little, my brother and I wanted to be a professional wrestling tag team when we grew up. Our team would have been called The Kiefer Konnection. We even sketched out what our outfits would look like.

8. I have signed up to volunteer for a few organizations in recent years but failed to follow through, which depresses me.

9. Black underwear makes me feel dangerous.

10. I would enjoy being a police officer but the lack of a functioning pancreas and not being in shape keep me from pursuing it. I can't imagine the police force would want a diabetic who could potentially pass out in the middle of arresting Mel Gibson.

11. I have sat down and given serious thought to who would win in a fight between Superman and Thor (the Marvel Comics version).

12. Recently, I was clocked at a typing speed of 74.8 WPM.

13. I'm surprised no one has made (or attempted to make) a movie version of the novels A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving, or Carter Beats the Devil by Glen David Gold. Both of those came across strongly in my head as a movie picturefilm.

14. I sometimes feel like a fraud in the world of graphic design. I've been on interviews or I read blogs where someone mentions something, and I'll think, "I've never heard of that before" or "I don't know how to do that."

15. My favorite band in the world is Better Than Ezra, and I've seen them in Hollywood, Anaheim, San Diego, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Phoenix, New Orleans, Boston, New York and Columbia, MO.

16. Both comedian Greg Behrendt and singer Nina Gordon have given me their private email addresses. That's about as close as I've come to actually being "in" with a "celebrity." I emailed each of them once and never heard back. They just told me whatever the next time I saw them.

17. At some point in my life, I'd like to have a job that actually makes a profound difference in someone's life. Even if it's just one person whose life I change.

18. I get celebrity crushes but they disappear quickly. Kate Winslet has remained pretty strong for a few years, though.

19. I truly would love to own a miniature pet elephant.

20. I've only been drunk once in my life and that was in New Orleans 4 years ago.

21. I'm really good at air guitar. There is a craft to it.

22. I honestly think if I became incredibly wealthy or famous, not that much about me would change. In fact, if I won the lottery, most of you wouldn't know.

23. I have a terrible memory. This came to me after we watched Lord of War, and a few days later, I could barely recall the plot. It makes me wonder why I even watch movies or read books if nothing sinks in, but I do.

24. I want to write and illustrate a children's book someday.

25. I can't stand Cuba Gooding Jr.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

I came over here to leave a "Why you no post Chris Kiefer" comment, then got excited that there was a new post, then was disappointed that I already read it on Facebook.

I can't stand Cuba Gooding Jr. either. He was slightly mediocre in Boyz In The Hood though. Check that one out if you haven't already.