Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Enchanted Water

A family member recently gave the Wife and I one gallon of ionized water from Kangen. Kangen water claims to be filled with antioxidants which can slow aging and prevent disease. I'm not really sure how the process works, but I believe it's something along the lines of a pyramid scheme. You start drinking the water, then you get other people to buy an ionizing system by giving them a free sample.

Interestingly, if you type in the words "Kangen water" on Google, two of the top three keywords it wants to auto-fill in are "bullshit" and "scam."

Anyway, this particular family member is highly religious yet also believes in the healing properties of this stuff and other kooky things. She also suggested I go see a healing priest to cure my diabetes, but all I got out of that experience was a cold that lasted a week (no joke). Needless to say, the Wife and I are highly, highly, highly skeptical of this enchanted water. I drank a cup or two of it and it definitely tasted different...like, kind of metallic. The rest of it was used to water our plants. :)

5 comments:

Tyler said...

Yeah, that sounds like a pyramid scheme.

addy said...

It's a total pyramid scheme. A friend of Sean's was into it with his wife and we mistakenly went to an "event" - which was actually a two hour presentation trying to get you to buy into the stupid system.

They say that it can help make you better or some crap, but I say that replacing the crap we normally drink with any water will make you better.

There's a reason "bullshit" comes up. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I can tell you it IS NOT A SCAM. I am off of 6 blood pressure pills, my girlfriend's mom had the beginning stages of kidney failure and her kidney's are perfect and another friend who had lupus who has NO MORE lupus. The biggest problem going on with the health of our people in this country is dehydration and acidic internal environments.

Keep drinking the water, and have an open mind and you will see, just like everyone else, that this is Not a SCAM.

Chris said...

Never mind that there is no cure for lupus. If the water really was that magical, wouldn't it be offered everywhere to cure everyone of everything??? Instead of having to buy a system for $1280 and roping your friends into buying the same thing??

Tyler said...

But an Anonymous person on the internet said that it IS NOT A SCAM. How much more proof do you need?!?


P.S. - my Word Verification was pyramd - Even Blogger knows it's a Pyramid scheme.