Saturday, March 27, 2010

Not-Quite-Friendbook

Facebook is weird. I'm Facebook friends with probably 10 people that I went to high school with - I sent a request to some of them, and some requested me. I wonder about the ones that request me, what their criteria is. Do they have good memories of me and want to get back in touch? Are they just trying to add old friends from high school in hopes of scoring some drugs? I got a friend request last week from a guy who peed on my shoe in 7th grade. Yes, you read that correctly. He peed on my shoe in 7th grade in the bathroom before gym class. We were never friends in junior or high school, and I think we only had a handful of classes together. I declined his friend request, only to have him send another one two days later. Bizarre, but the point is I have no desire to be friends with the guy that peed on my shoe in 7th grade.

1 comment:

kristen said...

ha! i totally hear you - and also totally do not understand!!!
for example - i was friend-requested by a guy who BLEW UP MY MAILBOX when i was a sophomore or a junior. And threatened to blow up the horse barn next. to the point that the cops told us to park a car out by it to make them think there was someone out there...
yes, totally want to be friends with that guy...