Sunday, March 7, 2010

Reason #12

Presenting reason #12 why I love* my company...

I saw a mouse run down my aisle of cubicles the other day. This is the second time I've seen a mouse since I started working there last April. (Unless it was the same mouse - in which case, it's been a while, buddy!) That's what we get for working in the ghetto in an office building that used to be a food processing plant.

I told one of my bosses about it and apparently mouse sightings aren't incredibly uncommon. I'm just glad the damn thing ran down by the desks across the aisle from me. Needless to say, I spent the rest of the day with my feet off the ground.

(* - you guessed it, thats sarcasm)

2 comments:

Erica said...

Where I work, a mouse came out from behind my cabinet (just above my head) and started climbing down the wall (we have cubes, so it is a fabric wall). I screamed and jumped out of my chair and out of the cube while my office-mate just laughed. The mouse was at least as scared as I was and ran back into the cabinet. Needless to say I spent the rest of the time typing with one eye on my cabinet. Their solution was a mouse trap behind my desk. I don't think anyone ever checked it...the trap is probably still there.

Tyler said...

The last place I worked at had a giant warehouse attached to it. All kinds of crazy stuff happened. At one point, people were living in the walls at night. I am serious. Crazy stuff.