Sunday, September 19, 2010

One Year Later

This post is scheduled for Sunday, September 19 which is our 1-year anniversary of marriage. Hurray, we made it longer than Jennifer Lopez and Cris Judd! :)

As I write this and our anniversary date approaches, I'm happy -- but unsure if I should feel something more overwhelming. Our first year has been pretty good - we got our own place which we're slowly turning into a home. We painted one bedroom a few weekends ago, and have a color picked out for our bedroom. We're both employed, are overall doing well and have wonderful family and friends in our lives.

I'm also excited because we qualify to help lead an Engaged Encounter retreat, like we went on last year. When we went on ours, it was led by couples in their 70s (or so) with years of marital experience. I think it would be cool to have a younger couple presenting to give some perspective on the early beginnings of marriage. Plus, I know The Wife and I could make it fun(and funny!) for the couples that attend.

So an emphatic 'yay' to both of us. Here's to one more year! :)

1 comment:

addy said...

Congratulations! :-D You made it through what people call the hardest year!

Honestly, though, you guys would be great at a retreat like that. You guys are kind of inspiring! I think you would have amazing things to offer couples that are heading towards marriage.