Saturday, September 4, 2010

Reason #40

Presenting Reason #40 why I love* my company...

The power went out at work the other day just after 11am. For some reason, they had us evacuate the building. So, we all stood outside for about 10 minutes when our boss told us to just go to lunch and come back at 1pm. Normally, we only get 30 minutes for lunch so getting anything over an hour was a huge blessing!

I called up my brother who works nearby, had lunch and headed back at 1pm. Unfortunately, the power came back on so we had to finish out the day. About 15 minutes back into the work day, the same boss emails us and says that our long lunch will be deducted from our timesheet of hours for the week.

Um...didn't you tell us to go take a long lunch? Weren't we just following orders? So bogus!!!

* - sarcastic indeed!

2 comments:

addy said...

Um, that doesn't seem legal.

And, it's really really lame.

Chris said...

Actually, I checked our paycheck for that pay period and we only got the usual 1/2 hour taken out for lunch. I'm not sure if payroll ignored my boss' order or if he made a mistake in his initial email. Either way, it's lame.