Saturday, February 12, 2011

LA versus L.A. - Sports

The Wife and I recently took a weeklong trip to New Orleans, Louisiana and it was a lot of fun.  She took about 600 photos and sent an email out to some friends and family recapping the experience.  I won't attempt to recreate either but will mention some things I truly love/dislike about New Orleans, LA and contrast them with some things I like/don't like about my fair city, Los Angeles.

So here is the first installment, regarding sports.  In New Orleans, everyone is a New Orleans Saints fan.  We got into town on the day of the Seahwawks/Saints playoff game and caught the miserable second half of the game at a bar.  Even though they lost, there were tons of people wearing Saints gear the remainder of the week (and I suspect, year round).  In Los Angeles, you could randomly ask 20 people if they like the Dodgers, and you'd probably get an equal number of responses of "Yes" or "No, I like the Yankees"/"Who are the Dodgers?"/"Sorry I don't watch basketball."  New Orleans is a city that truly loves and supports their flagship team, no matter what.

Advantage: New Orleans.

No comments: