Wednesday, June 15, 2011

CruSin

My brother and I went to check out the Poison and Motley Crue concert at the Hollywood Bowl last night.  I had seen Poison twice before back in 2008 and really enjoy them as a live band.  They're a high energy band and a lot of fun to watch, and they're still the same 3 years later.  I wouldn't expect or want them to be anything else.  They had a rather short set list, partly because they were opening up and I also think the Hollywood Bowl has a curfew.

Motley Crue was a band my brother and I have wanted to see since probably high school.  I'm glad we got a chance to see them, although I don't know that I was blown away by their performance.  They had two female dancers that would saunter around stage and sing backup on some of the songs.  Vince Neil also glossed over a lot of the lyrics and just kind of slurred his way through the melody.  Musically, the band was great but Vince seemed a little off the mark.

There was a surprise when Vince started singing Cee Lo-Green's "Fuck You" in the middle of "Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)" and then Cee-Lo came out to join him onstage for that, and for the rest of the song.  Overall a very fun night with my bro.  I'm glad I got to see Motley and hopefully Poison keeps touring for many more years to come.

Here's a recap of the setlists --

Poison
Look What the Cat Dragged In
Ride the Wind
We're an American Band
Fallen Angel
Unskinny Bop
Drum solo
Every Rose Has Its Thorn
Guitar solo
Your Mama Don't Dance
Talk Dirty to Me
Nothin' But a Good Time


Motley
Wild Side
Saints of Los Angeles
Live Wire
Shout at the Devil
Same Ol' Situation
Primal Scream
Home Sweet Home
Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away) w/ Cee Lo
Drum solo
Looks That Kill
Dr. Feelgood
Too Young to Fall in Love
Girls, Girls, Girls
Smokin' in the Boys Room
Kickstart My Heart

No comments: