Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Big Bang Theory

I was in my boss' office the other day when I asked him what he thought of Curb Your Enthusiasm.  He's a huge Seinfeld fan so I figured the two kind of went hand in hand.  He said he hadn't really gotten into it but had really gotten in a show lately, but he didn't want to admit what it was.

I told him if it was Glee, I would admit to it, as well.  He said it wasn't Glee which prompted me to say I was just kidding about liking Glee (even though I do).  He said it was The Big Bang Theory.

Two of my other coworkers are really into Big Bang Theory as well, and one of them has the seasons on DVD.  She let us borrow Season 1 and I am really surprised at how much The Wife and I both enjoy it.  It took me a while to get used to the audience laughter.  After enjoying so many recent comedies without an audience (30 Rock, Louis, The League) it was kinda bizarre to hear a live audience there.

Sheldon is, by far, my favorite character and sadly, the one I relate to the most.  We're somewhere in the middle of Season 2 and I was thrilled to see my improv teacher from a few years ago, John Ross Bowie, show up in two episodes (so far).

Overall, a very enjoyable and funny show.  I believe it's in syndication on TBS but luckily, we've got a hookup from my coworker to keep the episodes coming.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Gavin and I love the Big Bang Theory. It reminds me a lot of when I used to hang out with friends from Caltech in my early 20s. Your improv teacher will be in the show a fair amount.

I thought you didn't like Glee?

Tyler said...

Man, I hate that show. I think it's exploitative of nerd culture.