Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cosmopolitan Parking

I went to Las Vegas a several weeks ago. Sorry I didn't tell you all about it at the time but I don't feel the need to post my location updates or flight information on any means of social communication.

At the close of our weekend there, we drove over to The Cosmopolitan and pulled into the underground parking and I was thrilled to see my invention in use. Okay...so I technically didn't invent this, but I did have this idea several years ago.  I guess the fact that someone else manufactured and sold it proves it wasn't that original to begin with, but I digress!

So.  You pull into the underground parking and look up and you see...lit up signs telling you how many parking spots are available on that level.  Now that's no big deal because they have that at my local mall but what they do have is a sensor above each individual parking spot.  If a car is parked there, it's red.  If nothing is parked there, it's green!  You don't have to drive all over Kansas trying to find the 13 available spots on Level 2.  AND even better - as you navigate your way through the level, it points you in the direction of the available spots.  It took me less than 90 seconds from pulling into the parking structure to finding a spot and parking the car.

Ahhhhh!!!!  So brilliant!  Why can't they do this everywhere?!?!!!!

Congratulations, Cosmopolitan -- you've just claimed the #1 spot on my list of Favorite Parking Structures.





No comments: