Saturday, March 17, 2012

Too Much TV

I decided to take a look back at a previous blog post I'd written about what TV shows I want to watch to see if I've made any progress.  I'm currently on Season 5 of Curb Your Enthusiasm and am enjoying the hell out of that show.  We've plowed through all of the seasons of Dexter, Breaking Bad and 30 Rock that are available to us on Netflix.  All of those are excellent shows, by the way.

I have one season left of Smallville left to watch, of which I cut back the Netflix queue to get only 4 out of the 6 discs.  That show has gone incredibly downhill and I can't wait to finish it off.  I'm tempted to just get the first and last disc and cut out all the rest.  But alas, there's a Booster Gold episode!  How can I pass that up?

I watched the first 2 episodes of Treme and gave up in the middle of the third.  Just couldn't get into it so that one got booted from my list.  Similarly, I tried and gave up on Mad Men and Justice League.

We're 4 episodes in to Game of Thrones and it seems good so far.  The Wife is more into that show than I am at the moment but it's enjoyable.  I also just started Damages and am really loving how that show's storyline jumps around.

I finally finished watching FlashForward and really liked that one.  I wish they'd made more than one season of it but alas.  I think I would have enjoyed it more if I watched it in a shorter amount of time.  Not that the storyline is ultra confusing, I just feel like I would have enjoyed it more if I watched it all in the span of 2 months instead of the 6-8 months it took me to watch it.  We also finished Battlestar Galactica, although I think that one might require a separate blog post.

So, the trimmed down list of shows I need to watch / catch up on looks like this --

The 4400
Action
Damages
Deadwood
Eastbound and Down
Friday Night Lights
Freaks and Geeks
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Oz
Rescue Me
Rome
Samurai Jack
The Shield
The Sopranos
Terra Nova
V
The West Wing

The Wire


Ahhhhh!  Too much TV!

1 comment:

addy said...

I still haven't seen Curb Your Enthusiasm. Or Arrested Development, either. I'm sure they're both good but I've just never been able to scare up the interest to watch either of them!

Dexter I liked, but it totally trips me out so I have to watch it in small doses. I have Breaking Bad on in my queue, and 30 Rock is consistently funny.

I loved the first seasons of Smallville, but somewhere in there I just stopped watching - you'll have to let me know how it ends!

I have been meaning to give Mad Men a shot - why didn't you like it?

The 4400 was kind of eh for me, and I tried watching Eastbound and Down the other day and was so irritated after 30 seconds I stopped. I hear Friday Night Lights and Freaks and Geeks are awesome - It's Always Sunny is hilarious sometimes and SO over the top.

Rescue Me was really good at first but could have been a couple seasons shorter for us. Oz, The Shield, and The Wire are all ones I've been meaning to watch too.

Can't believe there are so many shows to watch!