Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Company Lunch

There was a company sponsored lunch recently at work, my first experience at this new company. For whatever reason, it was a Hawaiian themed day with lunch catered from (wait for it...) El Pollo Loco. ¿Aloha, mis amigos?

About 11:30, they announced lunch was ready and I waited 15 minutes for the line to die down. The guy that sits next to me said last year, there were a ton of leftovers all day long, so I figured I had plenty of time.

11:45 rolls around and I walk to the kitchen to find they are completely out of tortillas, chips and salsa. And they're down to 2 pieces of chicken - both wings. And there were 5 people in line behind me.

So I piled on the rice and beans and grabbed one wng. So sad.

An hour later - they apparently ordered more food, and announced there was more chicken. Again, I watied because I figure the people that got nothing would go first. 15 minutes later, I walked over to find one drumstick and two wings left.

Either I work with a bunch of vultures or whoever orders food has no clue what the hell they're doing. Thank you for the rice, beans and 0.06 ounces of meat I had for lunch, company.

3 comments:

PunkRoqPrncess said...

next time: RUN.

Stragton said...

At one company i used to work for they would get catering from this BBQ place. There were two large dudes that as soon as they got the email, they would run full speed to the lunch area. Knocking over smaller people in the process. It was almost like i would hear my outlook ring and not have to look up cause i could hear a rumble and see desks flying into the air.

Thankfully that company was able to order properly so i didn't have to fight. I think they are going out of business now. :)

Jenny said...

Do you think they ordered one 12-piece meal at a time?