Thursday, November 18, 2010

Camp Freddy

I bought tickets for two Camp Freddy shows next month and I am beyond excited.  Who the hell is Camp Freddy, you ask?  Well, I came across some YouTube videos a couple of years ago and kind of forgot about them.  I was interested but they don't do that many shows.  Then I found out they do a weekly residency in December at the Roxy but we couldn't make it last year.  So, I've been waiting patiently and started checking their website until they announced the show dates for next month so The Wife and I will be going to see them on 12/10 and 12/17.

Still, who the hell is Camp Freddy?  Camp Freddy is a core group of musicians that get together and play cover songs - the band features Dave Navarro (Jane's Addiction, Chili Peppers), Billy Morrison (The Cult, Circus Diablo), Matt Sorum (Guns N' Roses, Velvet Revolver), Chris Chaney (Jane's Addiction, Alanis Morissette) and Donovan Leitch, Jr. (son of Donovan and singer in his own right).

So, the band gets together once in a while, plays a bunch of fun cover songs but the best part about their shows is they have guest singers and musicians that join them onstage.  According to their list of past shows on their website, past guest performers include Steven Tyler, Slash, Gavin Rossdale, Courtney Love, Nikki Sixx, Ozzy Osbourne, Chester Bennington, Tom Morello, Paul Stanley and oh so many more.

Of course, it's also possible that one of the guest performers will be Fred Durst.  Still, I am beyond excited to see these guys and probably have my hopes up way too high.  At the very least, I'll get to see them do some fun cover songs and at the most, I might see something bizarre like Courtney Love singing "Sympathy for the Devil."

No comments: