Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hyperbole

I think I just might hate YouTube.  No wait, I take that back.  I hate the world of Internet phenomena and hyperbole.  Every week on The Kevin & Bean show, they do a feature called the Internet Roundup where they discuss all of these popular YouTube videos and inevitably they comment that each one of them is "the best video EVER" and that "you HAVE to see this video."

These guys (and several thousand million others on the Internet and in my real life) are the same ones who raved about the Big Booty Bitches video a while back.  Does anyone give a shit about that video now?  Will anyone care about Antoine Dodson in 3 weeks?  Does anyone remember the Leave Britney Alone video guy?  The answer to all of the above is no.

The Internet, and especially Internet fame, is so fleeting and I'm so tired of everyone telling me how awesome these viral videos are.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

I will always care about Antoine Dodson.














But I understand what you're saying.