Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hollywood Bowl

I know I am in the incredible minority, but am I the only one that thinks the Hollywood Bowl sucks?  I've always seen it as something of a pretentious music venue (until earlier this week when Motley Crue and Poison played there).

The only thing I like about the Bowl is that the parking situation is organized and efficient, if you park at the Park N' Ride on Ventura Blvd. and take the shuttle bus over.  It saves a lot of traffic and hassle and is remarkably well run.  As for what I don't like about the Bowl - the ridiculously uncomfortable wooden benches, the size of the venue (it always feels like I'm closer to my house than to the stage) and most importantly, the fact that everyone seems to love the Hollywood Bowl and talk about its amazing sound.

Sorry, HB.  I've seen you 4-5 times, and I still don't love you.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

Yeah, the Bowl is terrible. It's my least favorite venue to go to.

Tiffany said...

The bowl is my least favorite venue too. And yes the shuttle is better than traffic and parking at the bowl but they drive like jerks on the way back with buses packed full! I prefer the Greek much more as an outdoor venue.