Thursday, July 28, 2011

Awkward Partygoer Pt. 2

So I was thinking a little bit more about my previous post (thank you for your comments Kristen and Jenny), and I think part of my problem is that, like Jenny said in her comment, I think I do much, much better in smaller group settings.  A group of 8 people or so allows a lot of time for everyone to interact, split off into side conversations and such and it's also not overwhelming to my brain.

I feel like this when it comes time for lunch at work, too.  My entire department consists of about 25 people and about 13-14 of us go to lunch at the same time.  Sometimes we are fortunate enough to get the big table in the lunchroom but I much prefer it when we have to split up into two tables of 6-7.  Those are the lunches I find much more enjoyable so I think that is part of my "issue."

I also was thinking about the abundance of social media, as I mentioned previously.  I was struggling for something to say to a good friend when a good topic came to mind, which would then lead to other related topics.  I brought it up and good friend said, "Oh yeah, I saw your blog post about that" and that kinda killed my momentum for talking about it.  Blerg!  Oh well.  Still working on this overall and hoping the next friend function is fun and lively.

No comments: