Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Saying

You know that old saying "never bring a knife to a gun fight."  I have a food based variation on it --

Never bring a vegetable dish to a Christmas potluck at work.

I made a super delicious Southwestern corn dish (consisting of corn, bell peppers, hominy & seasoning) and I think maybe 3 or 4 people tried it.  It got passed over in favor of the nachos, the meatballs and the 13 different types of dessert.  There's supposed to be variety at a potluck!  I figured some health conscious people would appreciate something that wasn't filled with sugar.  Oh well.

Lesson learned.  Next year I'll just bring something covered in cheese and sugar, and it will all be eaten.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I actually really appreciate veggie dishes at potlucks. So be sure to bring it whenever I'm coming to the next potluck you're going to!