Monday, May 11, 2009

Uncle Bozo

This past weekend was Mother's Day and I have a story to share. My fiancee blogged about my uncle's exploits on Mother's Day last year, so here is this year's story. "Brad" offered to come out for Mother's Day this year for lunch, and said he'd bring pizza over for lunch at 2:00 for me, fiancee, my Mom, my Grandma (his Mom) and the two of them. First strike: bringing your Mom a pizza lunch for Mother's Day.

At 2:15, he called on his way and asked if we'd ordered the pizza yet, when he told us he'd take care of everything. Strike Two.

At 2:30, he showed up while my own Mom was out getting the pizza and salad. (Fiancee and I were busy planting two trees in the front yard.) Ultimately, Brad spent more time with his wife and dog, instead of with his mother. Strike Three.

And another Mother's Day bites the dust. I wonder what will be on tap for next year.

3 comments:

addy said...

So wait, he really never got the pizza??? Good lord! Your poor grandma! What a bummer - at least she has you and K and your mom!

Chris said...

Yeah, as far as I know, he didn't even bring a card.

AK said...

wow that guy sounds like a major douche