Friday, May 16, 2008

I Hate the Wave

Ah, if only The Wave was embodied as a human...I would punch it in the face (assuming it was smaller than me and couldn't fight back). Yes, I know I risk alienating my readers by admitting that I hate the wave. (And to answer your initial question, no, I do not support the terrorists.) Simply put, the wave sucks. It's annoying, distracting and usually initiated by a drunk and/or an asshole.

It may have started off as a good idea to get a crowd into a sporting event, but now it's whenever there is a lull in action. It's done out of boredom. If you're bored at a sporting event, go home. If you're bored at a movie or at your friend's house, you leave. You don't sit in the theater and try to do the wave when Lord of the Rings gets a little slow. At a sporting event, I enjoy talking to whomever I'm with, but otherwise I'm there for the game. I don't go to the art museum to bake cookies, I don't go to a noisy bar to read a book and I will not participate in your wave.

Damn you, Krazy George or whoever really started this atrocity.

PS - I have the same stance regarding beach balls at sporting events. I dream of the day when I can latch onto a beach ball at Dodger Stadium and deflate it in front of everyone.

4 comments:

Tyler said...

I'm not a fan of the wave either. I heard that it was originally started by an Al Kaida sleeper cell. So if you participate in the wave, you are openly supporting terrorism.

addy said...

Haha wow, I never realized Chris! I'll make sure that we never do the wave at any holiday parties!

PunkRoqPrncess said...

the last baseball game i went to, there was a douche in the front who was orchestrating the wave. 6-5 at the top of the 9th!! WTF... very important part of the game too. and then he would get pissed when people didnt participate. lame. you didnt pay $30 to lead the wave. you paid to watch the game.

Anonymous said...

You may hate it, but were you ever SCARED of it as a child? Did it ever reduce you to tears? Not that I'm speaking of anyone in particular...