Thursday, May 22, 2008

When I Grow Up

When I was in kindergarten, we had to draw a picture of what we wanted to be when we were older. Other kids were drawing themselves as an astronaut or shortsop for the Dodgers. But me? I wanted to be a garbage man. Because I thought they only worked one day a week. They picked up our trash on Mondays, so they must have the rest of the week off, right? You can imagine my dreams were crushed when I saw trash cans out on a Wednesday in another area of the Valley.

Another childhood dream I had was to work at a gas station because I thought they were the only place that had squeegees.

No wonder the teacher and my parents thought I was retarded.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I wanted to be a cheerleader.

Tyler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyler said...

I always wanted to be a Ninja. I wonder if Monster.com has any entry-level Ninja jobs that I can apply to.