Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tonight Will Be Awesome

I'm totally excited to get home from work today. Sitting in my mailbox (hopefully) should be The Calamari Wrestler. Thanks to Netflix, I don't have to get weird looks from some Blockbuster counter jockey for planning my Friday night around a Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter / Carnosaur 2 double feature. Thank you, Netflix, for helping to save some of my dignity.

I have a bizarre taste in movies, I'll fully admit that. I hated Superbad. I think Three Amigos is hilarious. I thought Edward Scissorhands was decent. From Dusk Till Dawn is a high mark of cinema. Don't ask me to explain any of it, though.

I have an attraction to bizarre movie premises, so when I stumbled across this on Netflix, I knew I had to watch it. You can expect a full review tomorrow, but here's the plot summary for Calamari Wrestler: "A gargantuan squid who's captured the hearts of wrestling fans everywhere by winning the championship becomes the object of a sweet young woman's affection. But when other sea creatures start gunning for his throne, he must defend his supremacy without losing his love." Pro wrestling, squids and subtitles...how can this movie be anything but awesome?

3 comments:

PunkRoqPrncess said...

i hope you have fun w/ your calamari squid movie! you should review it tomorrow.

Tyler said...

I added The Machine Girl to my queue based on the review that Chris over at The-ISB gave it a couple of weeks ago. Please advise when you are done with TCW and let me know if I should add it to my queue or not. Regards.

Jenny said...

I cannot believe you.