Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Favorite Bands

Like most people, I enjoy lists. I have a pretty solid list of who my Top 5 Favorite Bands are, but if you ask me to expand that list to a Top 10, I am stumped.

I base the Top 5 mostly on the percentage of a band's output I enjoy. Even a crappy Foo Fighters song is better than most stuff out there. I also factor in how often I've seen each artist in concert and how good of a performance they gave. The problem with coming up with #6-10 is it's pretty much an 8-way tie. I enjoy the majority of their songs, and have probably seen them live once or twice. So, in an effort to nail this down, I'm going to go on record as saying this is my Top 10 Bands list:

1. Better Than Ezra
2. Foo Fighters
3. Alanis Morissette
4. Dave Matthews Band
5. Nina Gordon / Veruca Salt (only when she was in it)
6. Ednaswap / Annetenna
7. Hootie and the Blowfish
8. Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers / The Refreshments
9.
10.

...and this is where I run into a problem because Ingram Hill, Athenaeum / Mark Kano, Everclear (even though their last album suuucked), Our Lady Peace should probably have a spot on there. And I also really like Soul Asylum, Metallica, Fastball and Garbage.

With only have 2 spots left, I think I should just stick with a Top 5.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

I am shocked that Metallica is in the 8-way tie area. I thought they would have claimed a top ten spot outright.

Chris said...

As much as I love Death Magnetic, the era of the Load/Reload albums hurt them. Their good songs are really good, but their bad songs are really bad.