Thursday, May 7, 2009

Snapple Dip

I started listening to the Adam Carolla podcasts and I'm surprised by how good they are. I'm kind of sad I never listened to his show on 97.1 before it got the axe. His podcast the other day with Jim Florentine had me nearly crying at work. I had to pause it a few times just because it was so bizarre and funny.

On this particular podcast, they talk about guy pranks. Adam tells a story about working on The Man Show with Jimmy Kimmel. During a meeting, Jimmy once stuck his schvantz in Adam's Snapple without him knowing about it. Someone in the office thought that was the gayest thing they'd ever seen, but both Adam and Jimmy argued pulling a prank like that was one of the manliest things you could possibly do. Guest Jim Florentine related a story about his brother taking a crap in a lunchbox and hiding it under his bed, and then an even weirder tory involving a Jack in the Box that almost made me lose it (my control of my laughter) at work. If these two stories sounded amusing, download the podcast. If you're already grossed out, then just read the next paragraph and be done with my post for today. :)

All this to say, hearing about these pranks made me kind of sad I've never done anything on this magnitude in my life. The only person I could have established such a manly rivalry with is my brother. Much to my sister-in-law and my fiancee's delight, I have to admit I think we're too old to be pulling such pranks on each other. I'm not saying you have to guard your Snapple like the Secret Service, but I still feel like a missed out on a little guy bonding over the course of my 30 years.

1 comment:

sis-in-law DK said...

Definitely glad we don't drink Snapple at our house. :)