Saturday, August 29, 2009

Pancake Palace

The idea of running a restaurant when I retire from Corporate America sounds like a good idea. My fiancee and I talk about this sometimes when we watch Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Sometimes the diners are run by an older married couple and they look like they are having a lot of fun.

I've been stuck on what the restaurant concept would be. The obvious choice would be Filipino food, but as far as I know, my fiancee doesn't have a stash of old family recipes. Personally, I love to experiment with pancakes so I'm pleased to announce the opening of Chris' Pancake Palace in 2035. Because pancakes are awesome and you can add anything to the batter to make them more delicious. Case in point - I crumbled up Oreos (sugar free), added them to the batter and they were awesome with awesome sauce on top. I've added banana slices and walnuts into the mix and those were awesome. We already know berries are good, and I'm trying to work on some way to get peanut butter in there.

My idea is that Chris' Pancake Palace will only be open for breakfast / lunch and serve up 70 varieties of pancakes. Either there will be a "mix in" board where you order up whatever you want added, or I will come up with the combos and give them clever names like "#12", "The Bill Paxton" and "Japancakes."

2 comments:

kristen said...

there's a place by me that does PB & Chocolate chip pancakes - maybe thats how you get the PB fix?

PunkRoqPrncess said...

the crumbled up oreo one should be called "the dragonslayer"