Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Well Enough Alone?

I'm currently in the running for a job and will hopefully get a second interview this week. This place is ten minutes from our new home and sounds a ton more creative. Part of me wonders, though, if I should just stick with my current job and leave well enough alone. Financially, we're doing good but I want us to do better. Doing better entails me making more money which this new opportunity should allow.

But, having been laid off before, part of me is nervous about shaking up the status quo we have going right now. By all indications, this potential new job is better geographically, financially and creatively. I almost wish someone else could make this decision for me so it would be "easier." Of course, we'll have to see how the second interview goes and what / if they offer.

Any thoughts out there, blogland?

2 comments:

addy said...

Do it, if they come back with a good offer. You'll save money on commuting, and you'll be happier!

Which job has more potential for future growth? Which one is more secure? I say, if you answer "the new one" to either of those, you go for it!

PunkRoqPrncess said...

i think if it is better for you financially and creatively then you should go for it! dont pass up any chances :) plus a shorter commute is always good - you save time, money, and gas.

PLUS - they might actually let you use the interwebs!!

best of luck!! hope it turns out awesomely for you