Monday, July 19, 2010

Walking the Room

Amongst the intense boredom at work, I enjoy the welcome distraction of a good podcast. Previously, I recommended the Adam Carolla podcast on this blog, but I may have to issue a semi-retraction. It's hit-and-miss these days as he's gone back to the format of his old morning radio show. They still have a different guest each day but they rarely leave any time to get into anything in-depth as they did when it was just Adam and a guest. There are enough funny moments to make it worth my while but it's no longer the podcast I most look forward to listening to.

That distinction now belongs to Walking the Room featuring Greg Behrendt and Dave Anthony. It's hard to say what the podcast is about...since it isn't really about anything. What it is is two very funny and clever comedians bantering back and forth about anything from Greg's neighbor's death to Dave's story about "comedian" Ant. These guys clearly have a friendship and camaraderie that stretches back many years and it comes through on each episode. Plus, there is only one episode released each week so it's not like it requires a daily commitment like some other podcasts I listen to.

Check it out at the previous link or over here on iTunes. Download. Enjoy. New episodes are posted each Sunday.

Anyone out there have any good podcast recommendations?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO, again, sorry for the LONG ass comment! I promise to keep it shorter next time!

I followed your links- seems like you are looking for comedic type people BUT if you want to switch gears a bit..

Slash was talking about all of his inspirations on his itunes podcast. A bunch of other artists too. I just listened to Slash though. It's about 15 min long and actually REALLY GOOD! There is a brain under all of that poofy hair and big hat! It made me WISH that I could play the guitar really well!

Switching to other gears...

NPR Driveway moments! I have a double cd you want to borrow it for the drive to the Nard :) IT'S GOOD STUFF! But just NPR in general. I don't follow a show and I FEEL like an old person saying that NPR rocks but they get a lot of random ass people on there! Not the same garbled stuff you get most of the time on the mainstream radio. You know?

P.s. I wish Adam Carolla would just stop being on the air. He bugs me to NO end! All he does is complain and he never really has a point.