Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Michael Cera is Banned!

After watching Scott Pilgrim vs. The World this past weekend, I looked up America's beloved Michael Cera on Wikipedia.  I was scrolling through his body of work and realized, Holy crap!  I've seen five of his movies and liked a grand total of zero of them.  So on this date, February 23 of 2011, I do hereby declare that I am banning all movies starring Michael Cera.  I think part of it his him, and part of it is he acts in not-so-great movies.  (I was going to use the word shitty but my 4-year old nephew has this blog read to him verbatim).  Either way - I apologize to you, Mr. Cera but I will never see another of your films.  Even if (God forbid) you take over the role of Iron Man.

For those curious, here are the five Michael Cera movies I have seen and thoroughly not enjoyed - Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, , Nick & Norah's Infinite PlaylistSuperbad (aka the most overhyped movie of 2007), Juno (which I already complained about two years ago) and Year One (sadly, the best of his body of work).

4 comments:

Jenny said...

You didn't like Superbad?

Tyler said...

You didn't like Scott Pilgrim? I thought it was ok. Superbad is pretty good too.

Chris said...

I think Superbad was over-hyped for me so I couldn't/can't enjoy it. Maybe I'll give it another shot one day.

Chris said...

As for Scott Pilgrim, I fell asleep on 2 occasions and just couldn't get into it. I didn't like the girl he was going after, either.