Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Like Disco Lemonade

What are you doing in October? Do you have a free weekend and an extra 700 bucks? Great! Head on down to Florida and hop on a rock cruise headlined by Sponge and Marcy Playground.

I know rock cruises are popular these days what with The Rock Boat, the Mayercraft and even Vince Neil's Motley Cruise (Vince earns +11 bonus points for that name). Don't get me wrong - I'm a big fan of '90s rock music, but even I'm flabbergasted by Sponge and Marcy Playground teaming up for this. I'm very curious to hear how ticket sales go. I was never a fan of either band but I can't imagine they would draw that many people...can they?

Granted, this is coming from a guy that would be seriously tempted if there was a cruise with Seven Mary Three, Fastball and Soul Asylum playing. And it left from Long Beach. And it cost less than $200.

Thanks to Tied to the '90s for the tip.

2 comments:

addy said...

I know it's not like Sixthman has exclusive rights to music cruises, but this seems like a total ripoff of them! Boo! ;-)

PunkRoqPrncess said...

fastball was awesome!!