Sunday, May 1, 2011

Frozen Zen Lunch

Much like my brother, I hate making my lunch during the work week.  I absolutely hate it.  I don't know why, but my only guess is because it's a daily task requiring just enough time to be annoying.  I also hate spending money but I think I achieved something of a Zen status with lunch.

I bought a loaf of bread from the 99¢ store, and also got some bananas and peanut butter from Target.  When I got home, I cracked open the peanut butter, chopped up some bananas and took out 16 slices of bread.  I made an assembly line and cranked out 8 sandwiches rather quickly.

Ah, but don't that many sandwiches get moldy, Zen Master?  Nope.com!  I put all of the sandwiches back in the bread loaf sleeve in the freezer.  Each morning, I open up the loaf of bread and take out the next sandwich.  By the time lunch rolls around at work, it's nicely defrosted.

My coworkers teased me about eating the same thing for lunch everyday.  But then I told them about my assembly line methods and having 8 days worth of lunch ready in a short time, and they all agreed it was more smart than lazy.

No comments: