Saturday, May 21, 2011

Jericho

I recently started watching the TV series Jericho thanks to Netflix's instant play and our lack of cable television and antenna reception.  I'm about 13 episodes into the first season and I already love it.  I know it didn't last very long but I'm very curious to see how it all plays out.

The series takes place in Jericho, Kansas and shows the after effects of some sort of apocalyptic attack.  In the first episode, they see a mushroom cloud over Denver (sorry, Erica!) so the entire town gets into a panic.  What I really like is that the show takes place in a small town, so you discover things along with the characters.  At first, they assume it was only Denver that was attacked but then someone gets a voicemail saying there was another bomb in Atlanta.  They struggle to get the power back on and all they see is a 2-second glimpse of an Asian news report showing flashing circles around Denver, Atlanta and at least 7-8 other cities in the U.S.

I'm about 13 episodes in and still no one is sure what is going on.  Was the U.S. invaded by aliens?  Foreign terrorists?  Domestic terrorism?  Is the President alive?  Will we find out how The Jersey Shore is going to end?  Ahhhhh!!!  So many questions!

The ensemble cast is pretty good and I love apocalyptic stories so I am definitely hooked.

3 comments:

PunkRoqPrncess said...

Apocalyptic? How fitting for today!

Happy end of the world day! And yay we're still here :)

addy said...

I had that one on my Netflix too and recently took it off... may have to reconsider now!

Tyler said...

Yeah, I miss Jericho. If I remember correctly, the 1st season is really good, but 2nd season is uneven. They do eventually explain what happened; of course they leave out details that they were going to expand on later, but it got canceled.

There's a reality show on Discovery called The Colony that is basically Jericho but with real people. They have to scavenge for food, build things, and defend themselves. If it's ever available on Netflix, check it out, because it's really good; the 2nd season is excellent.