Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hawaii

Graphic pilfered from http://www.hawaiian-stickers.com/
There is this car near my work with a vanity plate that references Hawaii.  The license plate frame also references Hawaii.  It also has a multitude of stickers of hula girls, leis and the word "Aloha" on the back window.  I was thinking about this the other day and it really started to piss me off.

If you love Hawaii that much, why don't you move there?  Oh, what's that? You can't afford to live there? Then shut the fuck up.

Yes, I'm fortunate enough to have visited Hawaii as a youngster and yes, I really enjoyed it.  My point is that if I move to Austin, Texas you can sure as hell bet I'm not going to have a car or a cubicle plastered with references to California.  I would understand why I'm in Texas and accept that I'm there.

You already live in southern California which is better than at least 40 other states in this country of ours.  So please, I implore you.  If you love Hawaii that much, move there as fast as you can or please shut up.  Thank you.

1 comment:

Jorge G said...

Wow, Mr. K. Take it easy. You shouldn't let such simple things bother you so much. Maybe this person is wealthy enough to have a vacation home on Hawaii and a home in Cali. So get off her back.