Thursday, January 15, 2009

Come On Down

On Tuesday, I fulfilled a goal of mine to see a taping of The Price is Right. This was only my second attempt to go - my brother and I tried in college but the studio reached capacity a few people in front of us. I woke up at 5am and got down to CBS Studios by 6, when I was given a line order number. I was #109 which I was hoping was a good omen, since 9 is my lucky number.

We had to return to line up around 10am, then continue to wait in lines and watch #1-100 get interviewed to fill up the studio, followed by people with other special tickets and large groups. I wasn't sure if I'd make it in but I ended up being #224. I believe the studio holds around 300.

The first thing I noted (as did several others) is how small the studio is compared to TV. They make a really effective use of space and camera angles. I originally sat in the back but since I was by myself, I was told to fill in one empty seat in the second row, on the aisle. So when the episode airs on February 25, you should be able to see my quite a bit. I'll be in the main section on the right hand side, second row on the aisle.

A lot of people (myself included) had custom t-shirts but they only had 1 girl contestant with a custom shirt. I guess maybe that's not the best way to get noticed. I was reallllly glad because there were two groups of four that were acting like assclowns. I know you're supposed to be enthusiastic if you get on TV but there's a line between being excited and being an assclown.

Hands down, the best t-shirt I saw was just in front of me - a guy with a shirt that said "Pick Me! I'am from Ohio"

Yes, and you'are also dumb.

By the way, my unoriginal t-shirt I made said 'Whose Price Is It Anyway?' in a Price is Right font.

8 comments:

addy said...

Aww I like the idea behind your shirt! It's not unoriginal! So, was it everything you expected it to be?

Tyler said...

That's pretty awesome. Are you going to try again?

Tyler said...

You should wear the Shrek ears next time you go. See if that helps.

Jenny said...

Clever shirt!

Chris said...

I would definitely go again, although waking up at 5am and doing all that waiting around was not fun. It was also not fun to see other people win (or lose) prizes when I could have done better.

I'm thinking of planning a group to go when my family is in town for the wedding. If you have a group of 15+, you have guaranteed seats so you don't have to get down there so early.

Dani said...

Oh! You should do that with your family... I bet the show would love put a groom on air - right before a wedding! It'll give you some cool wedding presents when you win too!

Anonymous said...

Good idea! I'm sure Uncle Steve or Uncle Paul can come up with something just crazy enough to get themselves on.

PunkRoqPrncess said...

ooh you went!! how fun! :D