Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Future is Wild

I recently finished watching a documentary series called The Future is Wild. It takes a look at what life on Earth would be like in 5 million years, 100 million years and 200 million years. And let me tell you, since you're not going to be around to see it for yourself, you might as well watch the DVDs to get a look into our future. It is indeed wild!

Basically, a lot of bad shit happens in the future including mass extinctions, the polar ice caps melting, volcanos erupting and all of the continents coming back together to form one super-continent. It's kind of a fun look at what would happen far off in Earth's future and you can tell the scientists and animators had some fun thinking about all of these things.

I think my favorite future animal is either the Flish or the Swampus. Check out the "photos" for why these guys so are badass:




Man, I'm gonna miss not being in here in 200 million years. :(

4 comments:

PunkRoqPrncess said...

the flish looks kinda scary :S

Tyler said...

I saw parts of that. Just invent a time machine, then you can check it out to see if they're right or not.

Chris said...

That's an awesome idea, Tyler. I'll get on that this weekend. Hopefully my skin can survive the future Earth's temperatures.

Tyler said...

Hmmmm, that might be a problem. Wear a containment suit just to be sure.