Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bahamaish

So, fiancee and I have been looking for what we want to wear for our wedding. Since it's in September and we want casual, we've kind of decided on something in the Tommy Bahama vein for myself. The problem is, I will feel like an asshole if I spend $118 on a shirt.

Wait. I know what you're gonna say - it's my wedding and I should splurge. But I promise you, I will feel like an asshole if I spend $118 on a shirt. I have price points set in my life and this more than doubles what any rationale man being should spend a shirt.

So - do any of you know of any Tommy Bahama-ish type places where I can get a nice linen shirt for far less than $100?

7 comments:

addy said...

I wasn't kidding. Try Sports Chalet.

kristen said...

remember that your fiancees dress very well may cost 4 figures. and she'll never wear it again.

and spend the $118 on the shirt!!!

Chris said...

Nope.com.

She wants a light summery dress she can wear again and again. Three figures, maybe, but nowhere near four.

Tyler said...

Seriously, wedding dresses are WAY too expensive. Is there a Tommy Bahama outlet in Camarillo?

Tyler said...

Oh snap! I just looked it up, and they're opening a Tommy Bahama outlet in Camarillo on April 23rd.

So there you go, plenty of time to swing by and see what they've got.

Anonymous said...

Did you try Ebay?

Stragton said...

I must know a lot of irrational men cause I know a bunch of dudes wearing stuff that is beyond your price point. Oh wait I live in LA.

I think there is an directly proportional relationship between the cost of one's jeans and one's personal level of douchiness.

Good luck in your search.