Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Birfdays

This year marked the first time in...6 or 7 years I worked on my birthday. It had been a habit to always take my birthday off. But with me being 2 months into a new job and needing to save up vacation time for my wedding, it didn't happen this year. If you can do it, I enthusiastically recommend taking your birthday off from work. Even if you do absolutely nothing, it's still better than working. I've spent some of my past birthday days off watching Stanley Cup playoffs, going to the beach, getting a tattoo, watching a movie by myself and visiting the Kevin & Bean show.

Perhaps next year I'll finally get around to taking those surf lessons.

3 comments:

addy said...

I think the last time I wasn't working on my bday was about 5 years ago... I like working on my birthday, but then again, I also like the attention. :-) Classically Leo.

Tyler said...

Where I used to work, they gave you a "birthday day" in addition to your normal vacation days to use within a month of your birthday. I would always take my birthday off and make it a long weekend. It was pretty rad. More companies should do that.

Ahi said...

I just hope Disneyland continues the free admission on your birthday thing. Ditching work, going on rides, AND having people wish you "happy birthday" all day long is best ever.