Tuesday, January 31, 2012

No Thank You!

Like a lot of people, I play the game Words With Friends on smart phone. I am too cheap to spend 99¢ on the full version so I get advertisements after I make a move. Occasionally I get this one --

I guess this is some sort of flirting/dating app?  I am a happily married man but seriously, who is this supposed to appeal to?  I honestly can't tell if this is a man or a woman.  Who sees this 12-year old Eskimo boy (?) and thinks, YES, I want to flirt with that!

I regrettingly ended up spending the dollar to upgrade my version of the app because Eskimo boy (?) disturbs me too much.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

Once again, you let the terrorists win...

lacet said...

what if they intended to make the ads creepy so that people would be weirded out enough to switch to the paid version? sneaky marketing tactic...