Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Art of Excess

I browsed around a store called The Art of Shaving this past weekend. America may have reached a new level of excess with what their website calls a "revolution in men's grooming." If you're unfamiliar, The Art of Shaving is a champion of men's skin care where they offer a $1,000 shaving razor. This razor doesn't talk to you and isn't diamond encrusted - although some models feature a light...for shaving in caves, apparently. All it does is hold your $6 pack of replacement blades. Seriously, America?

Maybe I should retire and set up a badger farm if a $1,200 badger brush is the future of men's grooming. I got a free sample kit of lotion, shaving cream and aftershave while I was there and honestly didn't feel much, if any, difference. Granted, my trusty $4 Rite Aid razor and lack of badgers may have prevented my experience of The Perfect Shave, but I'm going to go ahead and label this store as pretentious.

3 comments:

Tyler said...

Does it do your taxes for you? Cuz I'm in the market for a razor that does that. I would pay top dollar.

PunkRoqPrncess said...

shiet for $1,000 this razor better have GPS on it too.

Jenny said...

I saw that store when I went to the new outdoor Glendale Galleria. I didn't go in, but I did look twice and roll my eyes in disgust.