Friday, June 27, 2008

Knowles This

At some point in the last few years, I thought it would be a genius idea to meet and then fall in love with a girl whose last name is Knowles. Then I'd get engaged and I'd refer to her as Fiancée Knowles.

Thank you...tip your waitresses. I know that would be an incredibly long set-up for a joke at someone else's expense, but it's part of the humor.

Alas, that dream was happily crushed when I got engaged to my actual real life girlfriend last week. Hurray! I don't talk too much about my personal life on this blog, but wanted to share my hilarious Fiancée Knowles joke. Even I was surprised at the reaction that joke got when I did it on stage a few times.

On a completely random side note - if you get a chance, check out the blog Good Eats Here for which I am a contributor. It's a group blog about restaurants, mostly in the Los Angeles area, and food in general.

4 comments:

PunkRoqPrncess said...

oh chripher.

Jenny said...

I don't get it.

Chris said...

Beyonce Knowles, Fiancee Knowles...maybe this works better as an auditory joke.

Tyler said...

I got it.