Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Superpowers

I'm being 100% serious when I say I hope to develop superpowers at some point in my lifetime. Any time I come down with a serious headache or illness, I secretly hope it's a superpower manifesting itself. Sadly, that has not happened. Yet.

Obviously, if given a choice, everyone would want to fly or turn invisible or something like that. I think the ability to stop time would be pretty dope, too. I'd only use that power once a year - to go rob a bank and get away with it. Hey...armored truck shows up and poof!, $250,000 mysteriously vanishes and I get to take a vacation.

I know freezing time has to be pretty popular, too, so my superpower of choice is to be a cryokinetic - the ability to freeze things! Iceman has long been my favorite member of the X-Men and I would be a HIT during the summer sweltering months here in southern California. Even just at a party - no need to buy ice, just invite Chris. I could also pull plenty of pranks by making douchebags slip on a sidewalk or encasing a coworker's mouse in a block of ice.

What superpower would you want?

4 comments:

Tyler said...

There was a issue, I forgot what number it was, where it was hinted at that Bobby was about to die and someone (I think it was Cannonball) urinated on him to give him the water source he needed to reform himself. Totally gross. That's what I think about now whenever someone mentions Iceman.

I am excited that they finally put a Quicksilver/Flash speedster on the show. So I would have to go with either super speed or time travel.

kristen said...

is teleporting a superpower? if it isnt, can i pick it anyway?

Chris said...

Teleporting is indeed a superpower! Take it, it's yours!

PunkRoqPrncess said...

i think you having iceman superpowers is a ploy... so that you can get invited to every party... i'm onto you chripher.