Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thank Goodness She's Locked In

After last week's awesome Stormtrooper post, my friend Jenny posted a comment that read "It's a good thing you already have a fiancee. This article proves you are nothing but nerd. :p" I completely agree with that, so I've decided to add a new tag to my blog called Thank Goodness She's Locked In.

There are certain ideas I share with my fiancee and the minute they leave my mouth, I think to myself, "Thank goodness someone agreed to marry me." Not just "someone" of course - I'm thankful it's her, but I'm grateful she puts up with my dork moments and random thoughts. My most random (and frequent) thoughts seem to revolve around baby names, although we are nowhere near ready to have kids. Among them:

- We should name our son Doctor. If he ever becomes a doctor, he'd be Doctor Doctor and if not, then at least he has a prestigious name.

- Our son's middle name should be Danger because it would be an instant pick-up line. (Yes, I'm trying to help my son get laid in the future.)

- We should name our son Ready, then change his name when he's a few months old to something like Benjamin. Then for the rest of his life, he can always say, "I was born Ready."

Before you ask me, yes, ALL of the above ideas were met with an enthusiastic eye roll from my fiancee and yes, I know how lucky I am to have her.

4 comments:

Tyler said...

Doctor Danger-Ready Kiefer. It rolls off the tongue.

PunkRoqPrncess said...

your fiancee is awesome!! and you guys are so f'ing cute (gross) together :):)

btw, i think you should stick to your day job, and veer away from being a 'baby naming expert' :P

Jenny said...

I think these suggestions are great! I mean, not as actual names, but I wouldn't have rolled my eyes at you. I would have opened my mouth and guffawed!

addy said...

Haha those are awesome. At least you haven't come up with anything like "Leroy" like Sean did the other day.

P.S. My guidance advisor at CLU's name was Dr. Docter. (Her last name was Docter! How awesome is that?!?!?!)