Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hunting

Is there anything on Earth more frustrating and exasperating than trying to buy a home? Okay, okay...I'm sure there are plenty of things but this certainly has to rank up there.

We are currently in the process of looking at a property and I think both of us feel exhausted at this point. We are the leading offer although we may still walk away from it because we think it's overpriced. There are SO many variables to consider in buying a home - that gets frustrating, too. Will we find something better next month? In three months? Will we find something cheaper next month? What if the next place doesn't have an awesome park nearby like this one does? What if we're overpaying for this place? What if the next place is cheaper but it needs $15k worth of repairs and upgrades done first?

It doesn't help that my sleep has been all f'ed up with the time change but I just feel so exhausted in this entire home buying process. Luckily, our realtor is awesome and even better, my Wife has been super awesome. I would say she feels pretty much the same way but I don't want to speak for her.

We should know by the end of this week if we got it / if we want it.

3 comments:

Tyler said...

Good luck!

I felt the same way at the end, and I'm not 100% happy with what I bought, but I figured I'd only be living there for 3-4 years. Time goes by fast, it's already been over a year since we moved. If this is the place, you've still gotta make it through escrow, which can be WAY MORE more stressful than finding something, so get your rest now.

addy said...

How exciting! I hope you get it, if you want it. I've heard it's a crazy ridiculous process... I hope it goes as smoothly as possible for you guys!

And I want to see it!

PunkRoqPrncess said...

good luck! i know it sounds cliche, but if its the one you will know it in your gut :)